What To Do When Encountering One or More Grammar Nazis
- Many people think that a Grammar
NazisNazi's weakness is seeing a lot of grammatical errors. If you encounter a Grammar Nazi, then do not quickly make a lot of grammargrammatical errors. It simply makes them angrier.
- Remind them that you have a significant other, and have had sex more times then than they have read The Elements of Style by Strunk and White. Try to keep a straight face when you do this!
- Attack them with insane amounts of chatspeak . No Grammar Nazi can stand a chatspeak-barrage for very long,
Uunless said Nazi speaks chatspeak himself.
Example: Vulgar Child: omg jst leeve meh a lown. i no u cant fite meh cuz im 2 powaafull n u cnt win!!
GrammerGrammar Nazi: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (This is probably untrue, as Grammar Nazis will NEVER use that many syllables vowels.)
- In the rare case that the Grammar Nazi does speak chatspeak, run like hell. There's no stopping him or her.
Example: i fink i do n i fink u meen " Oh my Gumballs, just leave me alone. I know you cannot fight me because I'm much too powerful and you can't win."
- Screw with them by using obscure interpretations of "effect". For example, say "the government has effected major
changes," and when they get all douche-baggy and tell you it is "affect," find a dictionary and show them that they are wrong. This method, however, only works on people who only claim to be Grammar Nazis. Real Grammar Nazis would know that meaning of "effect".
- Bait them into a confrontation by spelling "whiny" as "whiney". Naturally they will try to correct you, but little do they know that "whiney" is also an acceptable spelling. Prove to them that they are wrong and enjoy your victory.
Edited by eyoismos, 16 October 2014 - 11:43 AM.