Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ajax : (06 November 2017 - 05:36 PM) Elooooo
@  Ajax : (14 March 2017 - 10:33 PM) Eyo left us Kretan.
@  Kretan : (28 January 2017 - 09:22 AM) Echo
@  Ajax : (12 January 2017 - 07:52 PM) Eyo
@  Ajax : (08 November 2016 - 09:46 PM) :new_russian:
@  eyoismos : (30 September 2016 - 10:13 AM) like you ever participated ... and now you are "protesting" ? seriously ?
@  ChrisE : (22 September 2016 - 02:09 PM) Fark what happened to this place. Dead, like Ammos and Fix Live.
@  eyoismos : (18 September 2016 - 04:39 AM) still here ... still last man standing
@  Ajax : (29 June 2016 - 12:46 PM) :acute:  :lol:
@  eyoismos : (22 June 2016 - 04:47 AM) whats the matter Ajax? cant get through to your favorites sexline? would it be ?
@  Ajax : (14 June 2016 - 08:17 PM) :bomb_phone:
@  eyoismos : (17 May 2016 - 08:29 AM) dηλαδή τί θέλεις να μας πείς ; οτι γλυκοφιλάς τα ριάλια απο έρωτα ;  :on_the_quiet:
@  Capn Jack Sp... : (17 May 2016 - 01:06 AM) Τα ριάλια
The money

Αν είσαι κι αν δεν είσαι του δήμαρχου παιδίν
If you are and if you're not mayor's child
του δήμαρχου παιδί, ω, ω
mayor's child, oh, oh
εγιώ να σε φιλήσω κι ας κάμω φυλακήν
i will kiss you even if I go to the jail

Τα ριάλια, ριάλια, ριάλια
The money, the money, the money
τα σελίνια μονά και διπλά
the schillings odd and double
τα μονόλιρα, πεντόλιρα και πού ’ντα
one pounds, five pounds and where they are
ο πεζεβέγγης που τα ’χει στη πούγγα, ω, ω
the pimp that has them in his wallet, oh, oh

Εσύ ’σαι ο καθρέφτης, το καθαρόν γιαλίν
You are the mirror, the clear glass
το καθαρόν γιαλίν, ω, ω
the clear glass, oh, oh
που φέγγει στην Ευρώπην και στην Ανατολήν
that shins in Europe and in Orient

Ίντα τραγού'ιν να σου πω, μάνα μου να σ’ αρέσει
What song to tell you in order you to like it
μάνα μου να σ’ αρέσει, ω, ω
in order you to like it, oh, oh
που έχεις αγγελικόν κορμί και δαχτυλίδιν μέση
that you have angelic body and waist like ring

Στην σκάλα που ξεβαίνεις, να ξέβαινα κι εγιώ
The stair that you go down, I wish I would go it down too
να ξέβαινα κι εγιώ, ω, ω
I wish I would go it down too, oh, oh
και εις κάθε σκαλοπάτιν να σε γλυκοφιλώ
and in every step to kiss you tenderly
@  eyoismos : (08 May 2016 - 08:01 PM) hahaha the idea of ajax going all "nigga gangsta" on us is hilarious
@  Ajax : (07 May 2016 - 09:03 AM) :new_russian:
@  eyoismos : (25 February 2016 - 04:57 AM) www.greeksphone.com
@  eyoismos : (18 February 2016 - 11:04 AM) λες ; wink
@  Ajax : (17 February 2016 - 11:08 PM) Yerases eyo  :on_the_quiet:
@  eyoismos : (29 January 2016 - 03:52 AM) παρασοβαρευτήκαν όλοι οι παλιοί .... μωρέ δεν σηκώνουν λίγο καλαμπούρη ακόμα και σε ιδιωτικά μυνήματα - μου δίνουν την εντύπωση οτι τους ενοχλώ , και ας λένε επανωτά ΛΟΛ  στις απαντησεις τους ... οπότε ... δεν κάνω άλλο τον κόπο πιά ... βερέθηκα να υποκινώ καταστάσεις ωστε οι παλιές επαφές να παραμένουν ζωντανές .... ας το "ξεκινούν" απο δω και στο εξείς ,  ετσι για μια διαφορά, κάποιοι άλλοι πιά :(
@  Ajax : (25 January 2016 - 05:39 PM) Buckle up, gonna be an interesting financial year !

Photo
- - - - -

Alex

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Alexxandra

Alexxandra

GC Pro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Mou aresai pou tha me evaze kai sto ignore afou einai H SUPER KOUTSOMPOLA TOU FORUM lol

#22 Alexxandra

Alexxandra

GC Pro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Mou aresai pou tha me evaze kai sto ignore afou einai H SUPER KOUTSOMPOLA TOU FORUM lol

#23 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,040 posts
  • Interests:Aspire to inspire before I expire

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

για φαντάσου :tongue:

but then its not surprising, most of my life i have been feeding myself a steady diet of fairy tales, fantasy and science fiction

that kind of diet is bound to have .... repercussions

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3822289/

I read the article in the link , and this one caught my eye

As a boy, he wanted to know what a beam of light would look like if he could ride alongside it.

so i thought to myself ..... either Yiota thinks i am a borderline genius or a schizo ready to be sent to the Ha-Ha Hotel on a permanent vacation.

But In the mean time, i pretty much assure myself that i just cant let go of the Peter Pan that resides permanently within me, and with no inkling of volunteering to leave

perceptions ..... by others or about oneself or both.... can sometimes be so contrary and contradictory, all rolled into one

wink

Edited by eyoismos, 14 February 2014 - 03:55 AM.

#24 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

loved the article by the way

at various points it gave me an insight to why sometimes, on the rare, but not so rare occasion,  i suffer with severe depression bouts varying in levels of intensity, from the sublime to the ridiculous, and depending on the phases of the moon, , while , in an effort of internal defense to hold onto my sanity, i try to give the external appearance  of a happy go lucky easy going simpleton who takes nothing seriously, ..... until it counts that is

so yeah .... i guess i am a psycho .... with a difference

wink

Edited by eyoismos, 14 February 2014 - 03:53 AM.

#25 yiota

yiota

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts
  • Interests:"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - Stephen King

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:07 AM

loved the article by the way

at various points it gave me an insight to why sometimes, on the rare, but not so rare occasion, i suffer with severe depression bouts varying in levels of intensity, from the sublime to the ridiculous, and depending on the phases of the moon, , while , in an effort of internal defense to hold onto my sanity, i try to give the external appearance of a happy go lucky easy going simpleton who takes nothing seriously, ..... until it counts that is

so yeah .... i guess i am a psycho .... with a difference

wink

I don't think you're alone here.

I think that so many people suffer from depression - it's how people deal with it that defines their character & their potential be successful at life.

I haven't read the whole article. I skimmed it.

You have the makings of a good author :tongue:

The more morbid the content the more interested I'll be. :)

Edited by yiota, 14 February 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#26 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with awesome shit

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

I agree. I would extend that observation to include all forms of adversity, not just depression. Chronic illness for example. Some people curl up and die. Others use it to fire themselves up.

#27 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

apart from the glaringly obvious that  i was pretty much practicing my knowledge in art of the language of psychobabble :tongue:

...in all seriousness ... i would like to pose a question here

define "successful"

would that be from the eyes of the observer? ... or from the eyes of the "active participant" ?

#28 yiota

yiota

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts
  • Interests:"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - Stephen King

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:50 AM

apart from the glaringly obvious that i was pretty much practicing my knowledge in art of the language of psychobabble :tongue:

...in all seriousness ... i would like to pose a question here

define "successful"

would that be from the eyes of the observer? ... or from the eyes of the "active participant" ?

You know things are going to weird you out when the discussions you have in real life start popping up in the forum. This has been happening to me all week :weird:

Honestly I think it comes down to a matter of opinion. My definition for success is having a house, my independence and a great job.

On the other hand I know people who believe that that's not going to be successful because of the amount your debt will be. They would rather travel
the world, rent & be in charge of packing whenever they want.

Good topic though.

#29 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

Very much depends on the observer eyo. One man's trash is another man's treasure, and all that.

#30 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

hmmmmm

interesting

so you think "being successful" is dependent on the observer....and sweet f-all with the individual, group of individuals, entities and organizations being observed  ?

i take it then that you subscribe to the school of thought , also, that being posers of success, impersonators if you will,  would ultimately lead, eventually, to genuine success (whatever that is) ?

#31 yiota

yiota

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

I interpreted it in the way of-

Each person has a different view of what success is. What you consider to be successful I might not kind of thing.

If your idea of success comes in the form of suit & tie how would you would you or could you consider success to be a person to be employed in a local shopping centre for example?

Because there are people who find success in having a job, regardless of what that position is.

They're off the streets, have a roof over their head and are helping pay off the bills and school fees.

I don't think you're wrong either with what you've asked.

The idea of success is different for a lot of people. Think of the responses you would get if you had a farmer, a tradie, an office worker or a stay at home parent. None of them would be the same.

#32 yiota

yiota

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

I interpreted it in the way of-

Each person has a different view of what success is. What you consider to be successful I might not kind of thing.

If your idea of success comes in the form of suit & tie how would you would you or could you consider success to be a person to be employed in a local shopping centre for example?

Because there are people who find success in having a job, regardless of what that position is.

They're off the streets, have a roof over their head and are helping pay off the bills and school fees.

I don't think you're wrong either with what you've asked.

The idea of success is different for a lot of people. Think of the responses you would get if you had a farmer, a tradie, an office worker or a stay at home parent. None of them would be the same.

#33 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

now we are starting to scratch the surface and getting somewhere

so...yiot ... the impression i get is that you "embrace" success according to the individual, the observee (is there such a word ? my spell-check doesnt think so), if you will

which is in direct contrast to what whoosh says .... ie. ..."Very much depends on the observer"

Edited by eyoismos, 14 February 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#34 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

There's no contrast at all. She said what I said, or, at least, meant to say

#35 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

somehow i dont think so

she seems to talk from the perspective of the observee, aka ....about I, yiota,I the farmer, I the tradie, .... will consider myself successful if.....

as opposed to , as you put it, as the observer, I, whoosh, thinks that yiota, the tradie, .... is successful if..... (or so you implied)

actually i sometimes think you really need to brush up on your relativity theory a bit :on_the_quiet:

Edited by eyoismos, 14 February 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#36 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

but we await for what yiota "meant to say" ...so we can get clarification wink

#37 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

No you haven't got it. By 'the observer' I meant the self, although I can see how you thought I was referring to the third person

#38 yiota

yiota

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

So since we're I believe on the same wavelength now..

do I still need to clarify ? Haha

It comes down to a personal (first person) narrative of what or who you think is successful and why ?

I'm curious eyo - what is your definition of success and don't give me the oxford dictionary version

#39 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

considering my personal problem with my depression .... being happy

damn hard , bordering on impossible, to achieve

but i am a complete μουλάρι  ... so there is always hope

Edited by eyoismos, 14 February 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#40 yiota

yiota

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

considering my personal problem with my depression .... being happy
damn hard , bordering on impossible, to achieve

but i am a complete μουλάρι ... so there is always hope

You can be happy though.
I've found that doing little things (like making lists) & achieving those things can make you happy.

Take for example 10 Minutes of your day and just avoid everyone, all technology and go for a walk around the block or just sit somewhere and think of nothing.

It's the little things that help in the long run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users