Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ajax : (14 March 2017 - 10:33 PM) Eyo left us Kretan.
@  Kretan : (28 January 2017 - 09:22 AM) Echo
@  Ajax : (12 January 2017 - 07:52 PM) Eyo
@  Ajax : (08 November 2016 - 09:46 PM) :new_russian:
@  eyoismos : (30 September 2016 - 10:13 AM) like you ever participated ... and now you are "protesting" ? seriously ?
@  ChrisE : (22 September 2016 - 02:09 PM) Fark what happened to this place. Dead, like Ammos and Fix Live.
@  eyoismos : (18 September 2016 - 04:39 AM) still here ... still last man standing
@  Ajax : (29 June 2016 - 12:46 PM) :acute:  :lol:
@  eyoismos : (22 June 2016 - 04:47 AM) whats the matter Ajax? cant get through to your favorites sexline? would it be ?
@  Ajax : (14 June 2016 - 08:17 PM) :bomb_phone:
@  eyoismos : (17 May 2016 - 08:29 AM) dηλαδή τί θέλεις να μας πείς ; οτι γλυκοφιλάς τα ριάλια απο έρωτα ;  :on_the_quiet:
@  Capn Jack Sp... : (17 May 2016 - 01:06 AM) Τα ριάλια
The money

Αν είσαι κι αν δεν είσαι του δήμαρχου παιδίν
If you are and if you're not mayor's child
του δήμαρχου παιδί, ω, ω
mayor's child, oh, oh
εγιώ να σε φιλήσω κι ας κάμω φυλακήν
i will kiss you even if I go to the jail

Τα ριάλια, ριάλια, ριάλια
The money, the money, the money
τα σελίνια μονά και διπλά
the schillings odd and double
τα μονόλιρα, πεντόλιρα και πού ’ντα
one pounds, five pounds and where they are
ο πεζεβέγγης που τα ’χει στη πούγγα, ω, ω
the pimp that has them in his wallet, oh, oh

Εσύ ’σαι ο καθρέφτης, το καθαρόν γιαλίν
You are the mirror, the clear glass
το καθαρόν γιαλίν, ω, ω
the clear glass, oh, oh
που φέγγει στην Ευρώπην και στην Ανατολήν
that shins in Europe and in Orient

Ίντα τραγού'ιν να σου πω, μάνα μου να σ’ αρέσει
What song to tell you in order you to like it
μάνα μου να σ’ αρέσει, ω, ω
in order you to like it, oh, oh
που έχεις αγγελικόν κορμί και δαχτυλίδιν μέση
that you have angelic body and waist like ring

Στην σκάλα που ξεβαίνεις, να ξέβαινα κι εγιώ
The stair that you go down, I wish I would go it down too
να ξέβαινα κι εγιώ, ω, ω
I wish I would go it down too, oh, oh
και εις κάθε σκαλοπάτιν να σε γλυκοφιλώ
and in every step to kiss you tenderly
@  eyoismos : (08 May 2016 - 08:01 PM) hahaha the idea of ajax going all "nigga gangsta" on us is hilarious
@  Ajax : (07 May 2016 - 09:03 AM) :new_russian:
@  eyoismos : (25 February 2016 - 04:57 AM) www.greeksphone.com
@  eyoismos : (18 February 2016 - 11:04 AM) λες ; wink
@  Ajax : (17 February 2016 - 11:08 PM) Yerases eyo  :on_the_quiet:
@  eyoismos : (29 January 2016 - 03:52 AM) παρασοβαρευτήκαν όλοι οι παλιοί .... μωρέ δεν σηκώνουν λίγο καλαμπούρη ακόμα και σε ιδιωτικά μυνήματα - μου δίνουν την εντύπωση οτι τους ενοχλώ , και ας λένε επανωτά ΛΟΛ  στις απαντησεις τους ... οπότε ... δεν κάνω άλλο τον κόπο πιά ... βερέθηκα να υποκινώ καταστάσεις ωστε οι παλιές επαφές να παραμένουν ζωντανές .... ας το "ξεκινούν" απο δω και στο εξείς ,  ετσι για μια διαφορά, κάποιοι άλλοι πιά :(
@  Ajax : (25 January 2016 - 05:39 PM) Buckle up, gonna be an interesting financial year !
@  Ajax : (25 January 2016 - 05:38 PM) Ti petaxes ;;;

Photo
- - - - -

beginner wants to develop his Greek in Melbourne

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#1 koujechin

koujechin

GC Newbie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

situation in Greece is not as good as in 2004.

As you known Melbourne has the second largest number of Greeks, thus I am looking for soemone who has time and interest to teach me Greek.

Edited by koujechin, 03 April 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#2 russel

russel

Worshipful Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,841 posts
  • Interests:is it possible that god,wants us to die so he can suck our soul energy for his own purposes ?

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:52 AM

dont be an idiot.
come here to greece to do a phd?

ha ha ha.
trellathikes.< you are chi sin..>

go to england.
best advice i can give you.

#3 Foitionas

Foitionas

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

I am a current student at university, doing a research project.

Even though the situation in Greece is not as good as in 2004, but I still have high interest in visiting or studying in Greece.

I am contacting some universities in Greece, and looking for any PhD study at there.

The internet allows me to learn a bit Greek, but native speakers can help me more and I think it is necessary to ask native speakers.

As you known Melbourne has the second largest number of Greeks, thus I am looking for soemone who have time and interest to teach me Greek.

Don't expect to earn money from me, I am not working.
But you can learn 3 other languages which cover more than 10 countries in Asia from me.

Should you know some Greek seniors who do not read on the Internet, please let them know I am learning Greek and need more help in Melbourne.

Boit

what kind of PHD are you seeking in Greece? Studies in Greece are truly difficult you have to read many hours a day!

#4 Foitionas

Foitionas

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

Are you Greek?

#5 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with awesome shit

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

Are you a man or a woman?

#6 koujechin

koujechin

GC Newbie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

..m

Edited by koujechin, 03 April 2016 - 11:13 PM.

#7 TZAKI

TZAKI

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,207 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

why post your mobile?

you don't know the freaks on GC you might get a few prank calls....

#8 TZAKI

TZAKI

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,207 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

it could be a proxenia sight...

all singles with in that age group should join....

you just never know..... :heart:

#9 Foitionas

Foitionas

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I am a bloke, looking for a PhD degree in GIS or viticulture area at Greece.

No matter I am going to study there or not, I still consider Melbourne is a good place to learn Greece.

Please let some seniors know about it, some of the elder people might have time and interest in teaching a beginner.
ex cage Boit
0401 099 134

Geographic information system = GIS? viticulture hmm maybe in the Agricultural University of Athens find that you want. In greece does exist a program exchange experience in viticulture by helping some farmers and they give you free accommodation and food to stay as long as need to learn sth! We didn't answer my question are you a Greek?

#10 koujechin

koujechin

GC Newbie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

.-

Edited by koujechin, 03 April 2016 - 11:14 PM.

#11 nikolakis

nikolakis

GC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

Have you ever heard about the type of living here in Greece? Are you going to do your Phd in Athens? Do you think are you going to "survive" with the type of living here?!! There is a huge difference about holidaying VS living in Greece!! :P
Although, I can help! :P

Edited by nikolakis, 04 October 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#12 Foitionas

Foitionas

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

To Foitionas,

No I am not a Greek.

As I mentioned, I speak 3 other languages which cover more than 10 countries and regions in Asia.

2 mother tongues, the 3rd I leant as my bachelor degree in 2005 - 09.

I am also interst in etymology which is another charming subject.

Do you know why Bordeaux is famous and polupar? One of the reason is that the merchants in Bordeaux controlled the trading model of other inland wine regions in 300 to 400 yrs ago.

I don't cult Bordeaux because it is a successful region developed from a mean and dirty history.
My aim is to wake up the crouching grapes and to unveil the potential of Greek wine (and Mid-east grape varieties).

Nikolakis has right its a bit difficult to live in Athens or to seek a PHD in Athens. Firstly crime problems, secondly accommodation problems the rents have increased the last 15 years. For Example if you want to rent a studio in Athens you have to pay approximately 250 - 300€ monthly plus food. I suggest to you to find a PHD in the countryside. What do you mean you have interest in etymology? This example has nothing to do with etymology!

Lets take the word "wine" in German "der Wein", I also prefer Germans than English. English is a west Germanic language mixed with Latins and Greeks. The word "Wein" has roots in the ancient Greece and especially to the Greek word "οίνος".

French wine is more popular because they have invested on that and they have improved, developed manufacturing of the products. Sth like that was never been in Greece. Basically Greek products exporting in Italy, France, Germany and Spain and they re-packaging, with another notional-tag name. Also this is happening with wine! We don't have a wine-industry though wine in Greece is qualitative than other wines because of the weather conditions!

I am apologise about by bad English I have a year to practice on writing!

#13 koujechin

koujechin

GC Newbie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

εγώ means I  English, which is an example to explain what is etymology.

Edited by koujechin, 03 April 2016 - 11:14 PM.

#14 TZAKI

TZAKI

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,207 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

ok what are you?

#15 ΜΑΚΕΔΝΟΣ

ΜΑΚΕΔΝΟΣ

GC Pro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

Chinese, obviously. I think I read somewhere that there are more Chinese learning Greek than there are Greeks in the world.

Good stuff, keep it up!

By the way, "wine" isn't derived from Greek; it's simply an Indo-European cognate, much like "father" is cognate with πατέρας, etc.

#16 TZAKI

TZAKI

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,207 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

lol not bad!!!

#17 Foitionas

Foitionas

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

εγώ means I in English, which is an example to explain what is etymology.

The guy who has studied different languages finds more funny cases in etymology.

I am not an Aussie, My study beagn from Oct 09 to Nov 11, and my student visa will expire on March 12.

It is quite urgent to think about my future - to extend my visa in oz, to find a PhD in Greece or Canada, to be a teacher in Brazil or to book a ticket back to my hometown.

There are 7 million residents and 8 million immigrants from other provinces or other countries at my hometown.
It is stressful that everyone rush, and people trying to show they are better by squashing others.

A network means everything, I justed checked the city website last night, and I found many sentences in other languages are copied from google translation. Many people in the government are not doing work, but using tax payers's money to travel around the world and bring more his relatives to his department.

I hate this kind of life, people don't respect each others, except the officers who gives him benefit.

If I am an Aussie, I might not go to Greece at this moment. But I think going to other countries is better than staying in my hometown.

If you are a Chinese and you want to stay in Greece you are not welcomed because Greece has a lot of problems from Immigrants because as you said you don't have money. Unless if your origins are from Europe and be a white-Caucasian. Greece is the junk of whole Europe and many Greeks became Fascists and Racists. Especially when you are in the countryside region! If you want try to etymology the word "etymology" and you'll see wtf language is English!

Edited by Foitionas, 05 October 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#18 koujechin

koujechin

GC Newbie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

etymology late 14c., ethimolegia "facts of the origin and development of a word," from O.Fr. et(h)imologie (14c., Mod.Fr. étymologie), from L. etymologia, from Gk. etymologia, properly "study of the true sense (of a word)," from etymon "true sense" (neut. of etymos "true, real, actual," related to eteos "true") + -logia "study of, a speaking of" (see -logy). In classical times, of meanings; later, of histories. Latinized by Cicero as veriloquium. As a branch of linguistic science, from 1640s. Related: Etymological; etymologically

Edited by koujechin, 03 April 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#19 Foitionas

Foitionas

GC Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

etymology late 14c., ethimolegia "facts of the origin and development of a word," from O.Fr. et(h)imologie (14c., Mod.Fr. étymologie), from L. etymologia, from Gk. etymologia, properly "study of the true sense (of a word)," from etymon "true sense" (neut. of etymos "true, real, actual," related to eteos "true") + -logia "study of, a speaking of" (see -logy). In classical times, of meanings; later, of histories. Latinized by Cicero as veriloquium. As a branch of linguistic science, from 1640s. Related: Etymological; etymologically.

I didn't quite catch your meaning in the last sentence, Foitionas.

Ι mean that English are mixed with west Germanic languages with Latins and Greeks. Especially 50% - 60% are Greeks. English have not spell or accent rules unlike Latin and German. It's a mess a chaotic language!

Well, there are many Chinese in Japan too, most of them are not welcome, no matter when they are asking for a job in a Sushi eatery, or when they want to spend 100 AUD equal JPY to have sex with a Japanese prostitute.

Some of the Japanese just spitted out 'fuk off C~~~~~nese!' when they are asked for help or sth.

So what's the problem? Japanese and Chinese are the same Mongolian tribe the first ppl in Japan were Ainu http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ainu_people and some of the scientists believe that they were a White Race! Unfortunately they mixed with other Mongoloids tribes and they are endangered species! Anyway!

I understood the majority of residents in Mid-east Europe doesn't like Asian, except the Albanian (only the elder people know what happened between these two countries - Alb n CN in 1960s) What was happened?. But being discriminated by foreigners is relatively acceptable than being squeezed by your comrades. These comrades used to be united and kept chasing the developed countries in both heavy and light industry, but now most of them are working for money and power, chasing the people in debt and driving the poor to the end.

It is obvious that CN is a good place for someone who wants to made money by aggresssive and dirty methods, but it is not my choice. There are BritishCham, AmCham and also AussieCham in my city, and the foreigners at these societies have more choices of fellas or even teens at the university.

I have been home for a while last year, and met a girl in a university who was the current girlfriend of one Aussie bloke.
20yrs to 40yrs, who is who? you understand.

Australia is like the British way of life, Beer Beer Beer and drunk drunk drunk!!

Ok where's your home?

#20 TZAKI

TZAKI

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,207 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

etymology late 14c., ethimolegia "facts of the origin and development of a word," from O.Fr. et(h)imologie (14c., Mod.Fr. étymologie), from L. etymologia, from Gk. etymologia, properly "study of the true sense (of a word)," from etymon "true sense" (neut. of etymos "true, real, actual," related to eteos "true") + -logia "study of, a speaking of" (see -logy). In classical times, of meanings; later, of histories. Latinized by Cicero as veriloquium. As a branch of linguistic science, from 1640s. Related: Etymological; etymologically.

I didn't quite catch your meaning in the last sentence, Foitionas.

Ι mean that English are mixed with west Germanic languages with Latins and Greeks. Especially 50% - 60% are Greeks. English have not spell or accent rules unlike Latin and German. It's a mess a chaotic language!

Well, there are many Chinese in Japan too, most of them are not welcome, no matter when they are asking for a job in a Sushi eatery, or when they want to spend 100 AUD equal JPY to have sex with a Japanese prostitute.

Some of the Japanese just spitted out 'fuk off C~~~~~nese!' when they are asked for help or sth.

So what's the problem? Japanese and Chinese are the same Mongolian tribe the first ppl in Japan were Ainu http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ainu_people and some of the scientists believe that they were a White Race! Unfortunately they mixed with other Mongoloids tribes and they are endangered species! Anyway!

I understood the majority of residents in Mid-east Europe doesn't like Asian, except the Albanian (only the elder people know what happened between these two countries - Alb n CN in 1960s) What was happened?. But being discriminated by foreigners is relatively acceptable than being squeezed by your comrades. These comrades used to be united and kept chasing the developed countries in both heavy and light industry, but now most of them are working for money and power, chasing the people in debt and driving the poor to the end.

It is obvious that CN is a good place for someone who wants to made money by aggresssive and dirty methods, but it is not my choice. There are BritishCham, AmCham and also AussieCham in my city, and the foreigners at these societies have more choices of fellas or even teens at the university.

I have been home for a while last year, and met a girl in a university who was the current girlfriend of one Aussie bloke.
20yrs to 40yrs, who is who? you understand.

Australia is like the British way of life, Beer Beer Beer and drunk drunk drunk!!

Ok where's your home?

it really isn't.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users