I ve lived in the States for almost 4 years (92'-96').
Returned to homeland because my mother was diagnosed with cancer. But that belongs to the past.
What about nowadays? I have a friend in Sydney who's offering me accommodation as long as i need it.
I am 44, unemployed, living in Athens.
Never got married, got no kids, no pets or a house here so i can move easily in no time.
I would consider going back in the States even after so long but i wont be getting a US visa any more regarding my really bad financial situation. And it's getting worse.
What my pal advises me? "Get a tourist visa within an ETA application and be sure you gonna get a job here in Sydney before 3 months passed. Then you ll be able to change your visa status etc".
Is that possible? And what are the possibilities of succeeding? Sure my friend is willing but i have to think over and over the reality of this attempt no matter how critical things are.
A little about me:
1) Amateur (mostly) musician (guitar - vocals) in rock bands (Greece and California).
2) I have taught electric guitar to beginners for a short time in Greece. I do not have a relevant degree though.
3) Radio sound engineer and editing audio too but my specific Greek diploma is not acceptable elsewhere.
4) DJ in bars - clubs of Mykonos and Athens, particularly on radio for many years in broadcasting (Athens Rock fm and not only).
5) Have appeared in major greek television channels (mega-channel and alpha-tv) as a media guest over the past five years.
6) Worked for a while in tourism business, conferences, exhibitions, logistics etc.
Versatile would dare to say.
Knowing that i'm a "difficult case" i have always been an optimist. Still am considering my current position.
Except i can only afford for a roundtrip to Sydney and that's it. I'm done.
Will appreciate any feedbacks.
Edited by panayiotis, 12 May 2011 - 08:42 PM.