Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  eyoismos : (31 October 2014 - 08:18 PM) eyo to mrs eyo this morning: "Damn it woman! I am not hugging myself! I am trying to reach those evasive itchy little fucker pimples on my back!" :rofl:
@  eyoismos : (31 October 2014 - 01:37 PM) hey! wake up! i can hear you snoring ! must be a boring day for you :)
@  set2love : (30 October 2014 - 08:15 AM) Kalimera :)
@  eyoismos : (24 October 2014 - 04:22 AM) Posted Image
@  Ajax : (23 October 2014 - 12:57 PM) Elo Gc
@  eyoismos : (23 October 2014 - 08:56 AM) welcome, uxk60, to GC :)
@  eyoismos : (23 October 2014 - 12:54 AM) as if i ever had a choice :tongue:
@  set2love : (22 October 2014 - 02:34 PM) Run and service queen eyo...trexa
@  set2love : (22 October 2014 - 02:33 PM) Good morning eyo
@  set2love : (22 October 2014 - 02:33 PM) Kriti....Kriti....Kriti....(testing Kretans reaction)
@  eyoismos : (22 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) I'm out - sun has risen, birds are chirping, my niece's dog, arhidi, is scratching at the door demanding titbits, and most important of all ... tiganokratousa wants breakfast in bed .... she still thinks its her birthday .. poor delusional woman :rofl:
@  set2love : (22 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Kim Kardashian....i decided brunettes do it better
@  eyoismos : (22 October 2014 - 02:30 PM) who is kim ? and why did you decided  NOT to have any fun any more ?
@  set2love : (22 October 2014 - 02:28 PM) i followed in Kim's footsteps and whent blonde a week after her...and discovered they do have more fun
@  eyoismos : (22 October 2014 - 02:25 PM) wow! you mean you tried that blond thing? ok confess .... who was you mark? hubby? :tongue:
@  set2love : (22 October 2014 - 02:25 PM) lol
@  eyoismos : (22 October 2014 - 02:24 PM) you forgot to say in your ad .... proven babysitting experience for the koumpara essential
@  set2love : (22 October 2014 - 02:24 PM) Not this month lol
@  eyoismos : (22 October 2014 - 02:22 PM) (boy am i in trouble or what if setoula is blonde)
@  eyoismos : (22 October 2014 - 02:21 PM) like a blond would go brunette any time soon - hahahahha - other way round maybe ... in order to SEEM dumb, but mean time, back at the ranch, ....

Photo
- - - - -

A GREAT PERSPECTIVE FROM A ‘NEW’ AUSTRALIAN - Nik Ziogopoulos

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Levendi

Levendi

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • Interests:n/a

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

I emigrated to Australia over 60 years ago – On the ship there were Poms, Italians (Spags), Germans (Huns), Yugoslavs (Yuges), Poles, Ducchys, Ukes (Ukrainians) and Greeks. (Note – All European people!!) all looking forward to starting a new life in Australia. I arrived with 30 quid in my pocket and that’s all I had to my name Did I put my hand out?? Of course not – I got a job and paid my way just like everyone else who came to this country back then.

Now, it’s my taxes that subsidize these people who think they have Gods given right (read Allah) to come here and criticise those of us who have worked for the country we now call home.

If I didn’t like what I saw when I got here I would have gone home – they have the same option.

If they don’t want to become an Australian,

they can GO BACK TO WHERE THEY CAME FROM

– WE DON’T NEED THEM HERE!!!

When will this stop?

They want 2 of their own public holidays, because Christians have

Christmas, Easter & Good Friday,

They force our children to eat Halal Meat Pies and Sausage Rolls from the school canteens, so the Muslim kids can feel more Aussie. We were not consulted about this change - they went ahead and just did it.

Our foods are slowly all becoming Halal foods, our cheeses, chocolates & even good old sanitarium foods

Our Government is ALLOWING this to happen. It has to stop now, while we still have some power to be able to stop it.

Regarding Our National Anthem -

I am sorry, but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Arabic - enough is enough. Nowhere or at no other time in our nation's history, did they sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Greek, or any other language because of immigration.

It was written in English, and should be sung word for word the way it was written.

The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close.

I am not sorry if this offends anyone, this is MY COUNTRY -

IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP ---- please pass this along

I am not against immigration -- just come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and LONG LIVE Australia !

PART OF THE PROBLEM

Think about this:

If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone-

YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM !!!!

Will we still be the Country of Choice and still be Australia if we continue

to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries

who have come to live in Australia because it is their Country of Choice??

Think about it!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.

It is Time for Australia to Speak up!

If you agree -- pass this along; if you don't agree -- delete it!

That's your choice.

(in this Australia where 'freedom of speech' is a fundamental right of every Australian)

THIS IS FROM A BLOODY GREEK BASTARD WHO MIGRATED TO AUSTRALIA

IN THE LATE 1940s

#2 TZAKI

TZAKI

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,207 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

levendi pou to vrikes afto???

#3 DemiK

DemiK

GC Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

I love it

#4 Levendi

Levendi

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • Interests:n/a

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

I love it

someone emailed it to me..

#5 TZAKI

TZAKI

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,207 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

Is there a sight to view it.

#6 NERD84

NERD84

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

Totally agree with him, sounds just like how most Australians feel and think. I would not specifically just aim at the people of the muslim religion, alot of new arrivals from various religions and backgrounds are too guilty of some of these acts.

#7 DemiK

DemiK

GC Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

Is there a sight to view it.

There's no site, it's an email that's been doing its rounds!

#8 TZAKI

TZAKI

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,207 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

okay katalava, i thought it was a facebook sight or something, i didn't read it kala...

#9 bubblytee

bubblytee

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,953 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

well said!!!!!!

#10 phoneyid

phoneyid

GC Pro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

Yea! bloody EFNIKS; no respect for our national anthem

8 google results for "ziogopoulos", 2 of which are here, either irrelevant links or to do with this 'email'.... who ever heard of a name "ziogopoulos".

How lucky for us that all Greeks are superior to all Muslims, hey?... Only an idiot would think this is a fake anti-Muslim propaganda email... duh!

Didn't anyone tell the author that the Chinese and Afghans were here building this country before many Greeks came along.

We bomb Afghanistan and then complain and peddle propaganda when they want to immigrate here for a better life. The British Empire has taught us Greeks well, here in the antipodes. Screw people and paint them as villains at the same time.

AUSTRALIA: FROM WHITES-ONLY RACIST BACKWATER TO WELCOMING MULTICULTURAL SOCIETY – AND BACK AGAIN.

#11 phoneyid

phoneyid

GC Pro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

Here we go.....
Some fine English breeding stock we could bring to Australia..

#12 ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Give it up, phoney. Most Muslims here aren't from any country "we" have bombed. We owe them nothing.

#13 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,696 posts
  • Interests:Aspire to inspire before I expire

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

though i agree with you mani, .... about the apparent failed argument that phoney brings forth, ..... most have missed the essence of his real argument...... a greek selling his soul to be an anglo ..... while still maintaining he is greek

the whole text stinks of manipulation by an anglo author

i mean.... all the negative labels of other ethicities and yet avoids using "wog" which has been "adopted" by so many of our own, down under......so politically correct move

and that just for starters with the beginning of the text in question

many questions arise from this whole thing

here is another one....."ziogopoulos" - i checked the telephone directory in greece, as per suggestion by phoney, and no such name - zigopoulos yes, zogopoulos yes, but ziogopoulos zip ......which makes me wonder

in fact, as phoney said....hit the search engines and ALL you get is this text ONLY - which makes one wonder even more

will the real "Nik" show his face so we could get to the bottom of this! (and in the process get a lot of questions fired at him)

#14 phoneyid

phoneyid

GC Pro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

though i agree with you mani, .... about the apparent failed argument that phoney brings forth, ..... most have missed the essence of his real argument...... a greek selling his soul to be an anglo ..... while still maintaining he is greek

the whole text stinks of manipulation by an anglo author

i mean.... all the negative labels of other ethicities and yet avoids using "wog" which has been "adopted" by so many of our own, down under......so politically correct move

and that just for starters with the beginning of the text in question

many questions arise from this whole thing

here is another one....."ziogopoulos" - i checked the telephone directory in greece, as per suggestion by phoney, and no such name - zigopoulos yes, zogopoulos yes, but ziogopoulos zip ......which makes me wonder

in fact, as phoney said....hit the search engines and ALL you get is this text ONLY - which makes one wonder even more

will the real "Nik" show his face so we could get to the bottom of this! (and in the process get a lot of questions fired at him)

Well thankyou eyo. For your intellectual honesty.
Although I figure Mniatis to be a reasonably educated and very intelligent person, to rival the best among us here; I figure him as intellectually dishonest.
I could post more here to put my case forward to challenge many things Maniatis has to say, armed as I am with a certificate in motor mechanics... but it's just too bloody hard for too little progress, so I thank you for your encouragement.

While reading the original B.S. post, I recalled some rednecks in USA getting indignant over some 'Latinos' who had apparently defiled the US National Anthem by singing it in Spanish, so I put a couple of Key words into google and a unique string of words from the alleged testimony by this alleged Greek.

170 Google results for american+national+anthem+in+spanish+"Nowhere or at no other time in our nation's history"

505 Google results for "Nowhere or at no other time in our nation's history"

The learned linguist Maniatis should know better than most here, that before taking the hemlock, Socrates said that "an unexamined life is not worth living"
At least you and I eyo, have lived up to the ideal that caused the Greeks of old do discover so much; that is by 'scepsis' alone.
What happened to Maniati; was he not Greek enough, or merely engaging in intellectual honesty by attempting to conceal what he knew to be true.

This was written to support the anti-immigrant cause, and in this case deceptively modified for the Australian (gREEK)(small "g") palette clearly to give support to the anti-certain-Semite cause.

#15 ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

Bullshit. You'd be surprised how many Greek Australians would agree with Ziogopoulos. My guess would be the overwhelming majority, in fact.

Eyo, did you try Ζιωγόπουλος? wink

#16 ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

As for wanting to sing the national anthem in Arabic, I don't see the point. Real Muslims are not allowed to swear allegiance to any nation but the Ummah.

#17 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,696 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:00 AM

Bullshit. You'd be surprised how many Greek Australians would agree with Ziogopoulos. My guess would be the overwhelming majority, in fact.

Eyo, did you try Ζιωγόπουλος? wink

damn! forgot about our 2nd "o"... and yeah you are right, there are some of them

but the text in question STILL smells of a sell out

and yeah... you are right of the first case too - far too many have sold themselves short..... except when greece wins the european cup, and then suddenly remember who they are..... temporarily .... before falling back on trying to be anglo wannabes..... oops! sorry!.... "australian" .... providing they speak only english and have anglo customs and ..... wait! ... what was that about multicultural society? .... yeah right!

and most of you, especially anyone who might show signs of indignation, fully know well what i am talking about

#18 ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:13 AM

Let me ask you this: If Nik wrote exactly the same piece about Greece rather than Australia, what would your reaction be?

#19 eyoismos

eyoismos

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,696 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

Let me ask you this: If Nik wrote exactly the same piece about Greece rather than Australia, what would your reaction be?

first of all greece doesnt try to show a super hypocritical face to the world of being "multicultural", while back at the ranch, either comply to anglo standards and ethiccs and customs, or "fuck off - we are full"

second of all the more approriate question would be if an anglo said the same things about and on behalf of greece

guess how believable THAT would be?

NOT!!!!!

#20 ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

ΜΑΝΙΑΤΗΣ

GC Post God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

first of all greece doesnt try to show a super hypocritical face to the world of being "multicultural", while back at the ranch, either comply to anglo standards and ethiccs and customs, or "fuck off - we are full"

second of all the more approriate question would be if an anglo said the same things about and on behalf of greece

guess how believable THAT would be?

NOT!!!!!

How is it hypocritical? Nik is expressing his own views, not those of the Commonwealth. There are a lot of people in this country who resent the official immigration policy.

Furthermore, the success or failure of "multiculturalism" depends largely on the individual cultures involved. Why is it that a multiethnic nation like Switzerland is more prosperous than a multiethnic nation like Afghanistan? Or are we not allowed to ask the question?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users