Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ajax : (06 November 2017 - 05:36 PM) Elooooo
@  Ajax : (14 March 2017 - 10:33 PM) Eyo left us Kretan.
@  Kretan : (28 January 2017 - 09:22 AM) Echo
@  Ajax : (12 January 2017 - 07:52 PM) Eyo
@  Ajax : (08 November 2016 - 09:46 PM) :new_russian:
@  eyoismos : (30 September 2016 - 10:13 AM) like you ever participated ... and now you are "protesting" ? seriously ?
@  ChrisE : (22 September 2016 - 02:09 PM) Fark what happened to this place. Dead, like Ammos and Fix Live.
@  eyoismos : (18 September 2016 - 04:39 AM) still here ... still last man standing
@  Ajax : (29 June 2016 - 12:46 PM) :acute:  :lol:
@  eyoismos : (22 June 2016 - 04:47 AM) whats the matter Ajax? cant get through to your favorites sexline? would it be ?
@  Ajax : (14 June 2016 - 08:17 PM) :bomb_phone:
@  eyoismos : (17 May 2016 - 08:29 AM) dηλαδή τί θέλεις να μας πείς ; οτι γλυκοφιλάς τα ριάλια απο έρωτα ;  :on_the_quiet:
@  Capn Jack Sp... : (17 May 2016 - 01:06 AM) Τα ριάλια
The money

Αν είσαι κι αν δεν είσαι του δήμαρχου παιδίν
If you are and if you're not mayor's child
του δήμαρχου παιδί, ω, ω
mayor's child, oh, oh
εγιώ να σε φιλήσω κι ας κάμω φυλακήν
i will kiss you even if I go to the jail

Τα ριάλια, ριάλια, ριάλια
The money, the money, the money
τα σελίνια μονά και διπλά
the schillings odd and double
τα μονόλιρα, πεντόλιρα και πού ’ντα
one pounds, five pounds and where they are
ο πεζεβέγγης που τα ’χει στη πούγγα, ω, ω
the pimp that has them in his wallet, oh, oh

Εσύ ’σαι ο καθρέφτης, το καθαρόν γιαλίν
You are the mirror, the clear glass
το καθαρόν γιαλίν, ω, ω
the clear glass, oh, oh
που φέγγει στην Ευρώπην και στην Ανατολήν
that shins in Europe and in Orient

Ίντα τραγού'ιν να σου πω, μάνα μου να σ’ αρέσει
What song to tell you in order you to like it
μάνα μου να σ’ αρέσει, ω, ω
in order you to like it, oh, oh
που έχεις αγγελικόν κορμί και δαχτυλίδιν μέση
that you have angelic body and waist like ring

Στην σκάλα που ξεβαίνεις, να ξέβαινα κι εγιώ
The stair that you go down, I wish I would go it down too
να ξέβαινα κι εγιώ, ω, ω
I wish I would go it down too, oh, oh
και εις κάθε σκαλοπάτιν να σε γλυκοφιλώ
and in every step to kiss you tenderly
@  eyoismos : (08 May 2016 - 08:01 PM) hahaha the idea of ajax going all "nigga gangsta" on us is hilarious
@  Ajax : (07 May 2016 - 09:03 AM) :new_russian:
@  eyoismos : (25 February 2016 - 04:57 AM) www.greeksphone.com
@  eyoismos : (18 February 2016 - 11:04 AM) λες ; wink
@  Ajax : (17 February 2016 - 11:08 PM) Yerases eyo  :on_the_quiet:
@  eyoismos : (29 January 2016 - 03:52 AM) παρασοβαρευτήκαν όλοι οι παλιοί .... μωρέ δεν σηκώνουν λίγο καλαμπούρη ακόμα και σε ιδιωτικά μυνήματα - μου δίνουν την εντύπωση οτι τους ενοχλώ , και ας λένε επανωτά ΛΟΛ  στις απαντησεις τους ... οπότε ... δεν κάνω άλλο τον κόπο πιά ... βερέθηκα να υποκινώ καταστάσεις ωστε οι παλιές επαφές να παραμένουν ζωντανές .... ας το "ξεκινούν" απο δω και στο εξείς ,  ετσι για μια διαφορά, κάποιοι άλλοι πιά :(
@  Ajax : (25 January 2016 - 05:39 PM) Buckle up, gonna be an interesting financial year !

Photo
- - - - -

The Modern Family

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this a problem? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes, the media causes problems. (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Yes, something is wrong with family structure (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Yes, I agree with this argument. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Partially (0 votes [0.00%])

5. No (0 votes [0.00%])

6. You expect me to read all that? (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 HBK

HBK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts
  • Interests:Women, Football(Soccer) and Greek Music !

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:50 AM

The Modern Family

While always present, deviancy in youth recently became a major concern of Americans. Most experts connect teenage behavior to family upbringing. The family structure of the millennium changed dramatically from that of the 1950s, but what spurred this change? The newest, most powerful influence on society—the media. The consumer culture and family norms created by the media for profit severely injured family structure from its 1950s form.

In order to sell goods, the media focuses most on a fabricated list of ‘needs’ that hurt the family economically and emotionally. According to Mr. Shaw, the last five decades experienced the greatest increase of inventions over a given time in history, causing a sharp focus on material culture. A dual-career family is typically the only option wherein a couple has the means to not only provide, but to indulge in the material ‘needs’ presented by the media. Unfortunately, what is gained in economic lifestyle is lost in socio-emotional maintenance. Dr. Brazleton warns women to oppose this loss with extra effort after work. The daytime absence, however, causes varying levels of disattachment. As seen in Harry Harlow’s experiment with Recis monkeys, the presence of the mother plays a significant role in nurturing socialization. Exchanging that priceless presence in childhood for material goods damages the family unit. The media causes this damage by establishing those goods, such as cellular phones, as needs.

Often, however, the media affects society through implications and norm setting rather than advertising. Identifying a strong market, multimedia conglomerates create a subculture for American youth. When shows, movies, and music say, ‘This is the way teens are,’ the adolescents feel pressure to conform. Meanwhile, adults reject teenagers based on their stereotypical behaviors of rebellious, uncontrollable, and immature. The two groups thus fuel the media’s image of youth. These views on teens have caused a decline in communication, one of the leading problems with parents as identified by adolescents. According to Joshua Siemens, a proponent of traditional family structure, the decline in parent-child relationships is devastating. Without proper government assistance, he says, the single parent cannot properly discipline, causing disrespect for authority. The roles of mother and father in a more ideal situation must be encouraged to balance unconditional support with socialization and differentiate between them. If more attempts were made toward this goal, stronger families and better communication would emerge.

Not all changes stemmed from the deliberate attempts of the media. Technological innovations from the microwave to Crest Brush Strips reflect and fuel American’s desire for, “cheap, instant, and disposable.” Sociologists are beginning to realize that this tendency extends beyond consumer products. Hasty marriages, formed by a misguided foundation of romance set by media, became increasingly common in proportion to the increase of hasty divorces. The no-fault divorce, unheard of in the 1950s according to Mr. Shaw, lessens the risks of marriage and provides and easy way out as opposed to couples working through their problems. Now, with ‘disposable’ marriages, family commitment is becoming obsolete. Many adults view parenting as a chore, rather than a blessing, hoping that they can pay someone else to do it or occasionally fighting to not get custody after a divorce. The separation of bonds between spouses leaves youth degraded, with failing self-esteem. As the movie Parenthood criticized, it is instant and cheap to make a baby, but parenting is not a task to be taken lightly.

The consumerism, norms, and ideals promoted in media changed the secure communicating family structure of the 1950s into a battle against one another. It took years of determination before society accepted women in the workplace. How long must we fight to regain the same acceptance for the traditional family?

Rules: Be polite.
:good:

Damn the poll didnt work

Here

#2 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with awesome shit

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:50 AM

doing homework are we?

#3 Rivaldo

Rivaldo

GC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

Re malaka HBK, that shite would take me a day to read. Ti malakies yrafis re.

#4 HBK

HBK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:51 PM

Re malaka HBK, that shite would take me a day to read. Ti malakies yrafis re.

5 Paragraphs, just over an A4 page and you say it would take you a day to read

Just goes to show your intelligence and how much capacity it occupies in your brain, I'm guessing about 0.1% or even less and here I was bagging out phil for being a dumbass....You obviously take the cake malaka :rofl:

Can you even begin to comprehend the word "deviancy" or did that throw you off in the first line and you thought "I can't red all of this because I'm such a dumb cunt"

There there "Geraldo"....There is hope for us all wink

#5 Guest_Agapoula_*

Guest_Agapoula_*

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:00 PM

Just goes to show your intelligence and how much capacity it occupies in your brain, I'm guessing about 0.1% or even less and here I was bagging out phil for being a dumbass....You obviously take the cake malaka :rofl:
Can you even begin to comprehend the word "deviancy" or did that throw you off in the first line and you thought "I can't red all of this because I'm such a dumb cunt"

:clapping: HAH AHAHAHHHA - Made me laugh...

I went with yes, the media does cause a lot of issues in the family...
Not only family, but all aspects of life. Life has become more complicated, expensive and families have lost the love and respect they once had. Children are very impressionable and are influenced by the media drastically.

#6 Rivaldo

Rivaldo

GC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:30 PM

HBK, the yamiese. i don't have time to read malakies like you.

#7 HBK

HBK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:34 PM

HBK, the yamiese. i don't have time to read malakies like you.

fuck off rivaldo, don't ruin my topic....at least my topic is valid unlike your malakia ones which have gotten worse everytime you post

Ante Geia!!!

#8 Rivaldo

Rivaldo

GC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:58 PM

fuck off rivaldo, don't ruin my topic....at least my topic is valid unlike your malakia ones which have gotten worse everytime you post

Ante Geia!!!

ti topic re. You aint getting the tickets on this one.It is is a big malakia. Think again.

#9 HBK

HBK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:18 PM

ti topic re. You aint getting the tickets on this one.It is is a big malakia. Think again.

I'll be closer than you :rofl:

and as for ia....look at urself before you come in here letting off your sexual frustruations....I think any type media whether it be Print,Radio or TV that your involved in will ruin families and destory souls and did you ever stop to read the last line of my topic?, obviously not as the response that you gave, signal that you live under a rock....but then again you couldn't tell with u such as the time where you couldn't tell whether you were a journo or not of the time where you couldn't tellwhether your a female or not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#10 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:20 PM

did u ever stop to think that perhaps you yourselves fuk up whatever u may be doing?

yes, it's called 'personal responsibility' apparently

but that doesnt make right what you pressmen do .. fucking liars

btw which rag do you work for?

#11 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:22 PM

shit how do you edit posts?

#12 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

well see if you were working for a decent rag i would have asked for an interview, being on tv and all

but it seems you're determined to let our little difference of opinion come between us. oh well

#13 Rivaldo

Rivaldo

GC Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:04 PM

I'll be closer than you :rofl:

and as for ia....look at urself before you come in here letting off your sexual frustruations....I think any type media whether it be Print,Radio or TV that your involved in will ruin families and destory souls and did you ever stop to read the last line of my topic?, obviously not as the response that you gave, signal that you live under a rock....but then again you couldn't tell with u such as the time where you couldn't tell whether you were a journo or not of the time where you couldn't tellwhether your a female or not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HBK, stamata re. then xeris ti les. to ehases to mialo. You wont win on this topic.Ine malakies.Unless you know the moderators.

#14 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

You dont quite fit the criteria for a write-up sweety.....

And not only, but you cant demand an interview....just like you cant control editorial content...

:)
~IA

i wasn't demanding, i was asking nicely :blush:

i was only joking earlier, i like pressmen and rag rats really. :good:

#15 whooshka 99%

whooshka 99%

King of Deakin Uni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

it was worth a shot :D

#16 phil

phil

GC Pro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:14 PM

to HBK. goodness me, there i was thinking only aristotellion could meaningless drivel in the hope of experimenting all day with his spell check function and now i find that you have the ultimate ability to write the biggest malakies known to humanity. thanks now to the wisdom of Joshua Siemens we now have the panacea to society's most pressing needs, intervention by a bureacrat into the household. hang on, i can just see a pimplefaced teenager holding a clipboard walking into the neighbours home. he is now going to wave a magic wand and make all the ill discipline, apathy and sloth disappear from the minds of the parents and suddenly they are going to fulfill their responsibilities as parents. which is more than just punching out kids just for the baby bonus. i think you should take a break from this type of topic just in case your computer gives you the middle finger :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users